Tuesday 24 January 2017

research undergraduate - How to approach principal investigators for internship/job positions




  1. What would you recommend as the best way of approach principal investigators for internship/job positions? I'm undergrad, with a planned graduation this winter and I want to get some experience before grad school.



    • Should I try 'cold' messaging? I want to go abroad and I'm not well networked there.

    • I've been on exchange and performed rather well. Can I use this experience to my benefit?





  2. (Somewhat less important) Ideally I'm looking for research experience in Computational Neuroscience. I already have some research experience, I've done graduate work and I majored in cognitive science and mathematics but I come from a Liberal Arts & Sciences college. Will my LAS background be seen as a disadvantage?






No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...