Thursday 26 January 2017

email - Logistics of asking for letter of recommendation after graduation


I graduated from by undergrad two years ago (this May) and now I am applying to law school and require letters of recommendation from my undergrad.


Although I did well in their classes and spoke with them to some extent outside the classroom, I haven't stayed in touch with my professors, so I am not sure how well they would remember me, due to the length of time.


My question is how I would logistically go about asking for LOR's. I live relatively near the University, so I could conceivably ask them in person, but it would seem odd to just drop in on them randomly (at office hours?). Would this be the best approach?


Or should I email them ahead to ask to meet? If so, should I allude to the fact that I want to discuss a letter of recommendation in these emails or should I just ask to meet without giving specifics.


Final point: I am planning on applying September, so does it seem to early to ask in this March, or is that not an issue?



Thanks for any answers/suggestions!




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...