Saturday 28 January 2017

phd - What should I ask my potential Ph.D advisor in advance, before actually signing a contract?


I'm currently applying for a Ph.D in Germany. Next week I'm sitting down with my potential Ph.D advisor to have a talk about the program.



Currently I'm collecting questions about things like



  • teaching duties included?

  • working hours

  • what's the salary?

  • vacation?

  • budget for conferences?


I think I'm missing some important stuff.


My real question is: What should I ask my potential Ph.D advisor in advance, before actually signing a contract / starting?



(The question What questions should one ask to the former/current students of a professor before deciding whether to do PhD under him/her? is related, but I feel it doesn't fit my situation)




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...