Thursday 26 January 2017

graduate admissions - Is top 20% GRE scores enough be a strong applicant for an EECS/ECE PhD program?




I am going to take the GRE soon. My practice tests end up being at V: 158 (80%) and Q: 162 (80%). I didn't care too much about the quantitative section in the practice test so my real score should be higher. However, my Verbal seems accurate. I don't know about the writing, but I'd guess to around a 5 if things go well.


Question: Are these scores good enough for a PhD in electrical/computer engineering or computer science (not decided yet, something in EECS) at schools like MIT/Stanford/Berkeley? Should I be wasting my time preparing for the GRE? I had thought that GRE was completely useless, but after some searching online it seems it actually carries weight.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...