Saturday 28 January 2017

PhD admissions - Contacting multiple profs from the same university


Presently, I am writing to potential PhD guides in US universities. There are two professors from the same department who work on topics that cannot be considered closely related, but I would be happy to work under either of them.


I have already written to one of them, who has asked me to go ahead with the application process. I am now wondering whether I should mention in my mail that this (contact with first prof) has already been established, while still conveying that I am adequately interested.


Upon a positive reply from the second prof, what would be the best way to talk about both profs in my Statement of Purpose? I want to keep both options open, while not being rejected because the admissions office/the professors thought I wasn't specific enough with my application.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...