Saturday 7 January 2017

reputation - How is it in my best interest not to submit a paper to two journals simultaneously?


The two journals I am considering for my paper each demand that the paper be submitted exclusively to their journal for consideration.


What do I win if I don’t keep this rule?



  • If I get rejected by both, I will have found out earlier that the paper is not worthy of publication.

  • If I get accepted by one of the journals, this is very good. I will have found out faster which of the two journals is willing to publish me.

  • If I get accepted by both, this is really a dream. I should probably find a reason (excuse) to withdraw the publication from one of them.



In any case how can submitting to two journals negatively impact my reputation more than the gain by being actually accepted? (More so considering I will probably leave academia after my PhD dissertation.)


What can I lose if I don’t adhere to this rule? What sanctions, if any, can I expect?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...