Sunday 15 January 2017

job search - What things can I do as a job market candidate to gauge the internal political culture of a department that is hiring?


I am about to finish my phd and have been frustrated with the toxic politics and culture of my department.


During the job search, what are some specific things I can do to learn about the internal political environment of the hiring department?


I am not talking about their personal political beliefs, but instead the politics of how things are decided in the department, whether people respect each other, whether there are camps fighting for power, etc.


I want to avoid ending up in a department with similar political problems as the one I'm in now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...