Friday 27 January 2017

publications - How to get priority acknowledged, when a paper in mathematics is a special case of your own paper, but it does not cite your work?


I am a researcher in Mathematics and I have recently found that it has been published a paper X whose main result is a (very) special case of a result of mine, which has been published more than an year ago. From the journal log, I can also see that paper X has been submitted after my paper has been published.


However, the author of the paper X was not aware of my previous result, indeed she did not cite my paper.


I am wondering if it would be possible to make the journal of paper X acknowledging my priority on the result, and in such a case how to do so.


I have often seen journals publishing short notes with the title "Acknowledgement of priority", in which it is explained that a published result was already proved by someone else, but I have no idea of how it works.


Thanks for help.


UPDATE: I wrote to the author of the paper and I have got no response.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...