Tuesday 6 December 2016

human anatomy - Does a full tear of the gluteus minimus tendon has any functional implications?


From what I read on Wikipedia, all functions of the gluteus minimus are mirrored by the gluteus medius. Additionally, the gluteus medius is larger than the gluteus minimus (see comparative images here), which leads me to believe that the gluteus medius is stronger than the gluteus minimus.


Subsequently, I would tend to guess that a full tear of the gluteus minimus tendon does not have any functional implications. I.e., a human might have a full tear of the gluteus minimus tendon without any limitation of their movements. Is my guess correct?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...