Sunday 18 December 2016

graduate admissions - Is it appropriate for a prospective PhD student to contact phd students at a target school?


I am a prospective phd student. I wish to know if it is fine to contact the phd students of my target schools?


If answering this question requires more information, please feel free to state that.



Answer



It is absolutely fine to contact current PhD students of programs and departments that you are interested in. On an average, I get about 1 email of this sort everyday and I make my best effort to reply intelligently.


Keep in mind though that many PhD students will simply not reply to your email. Sometimes folks are inundated by too many emails and commitments to respond to any additional emails and sometimes people just have bad emailing tendencies in general.


No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...