Sunday 18 December 2016

career path - Future prospects at the moment seem bleak after PhD. What steps can I take now to make best use of the next 1 year?



Suppose, I want to add machine learning proficiency to my current skillsets. What should my strategy be like? I already have done two machine learning courses on Coursera, but without doing actual projects, I have nothing to show to my future employers. That should be one of my targets during my next 1 year.


What other things I should do? Basically, I have now come to my senses about the reality of the world and I have realized that I could have prepared well for it. But I don't want to live in regret and be in same position after a year too.


I understand that the question is vague. But specifically, I want advice of improving my profile for (1) an academia future (2) A fallback option of industry.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...