Saturday 10 December 2016

graduate school - Can a department revoke a degree, once granted by the university?


I’ve just completed a graduate degree at a university in the UK, as an older student.


The department, IMO, is a mess of politics, fickle actions, and backstabbing. Whilst here, I have been pushed, abused, called names, intentionally failed and ignored.


A few others have suffered the same fate and it has dealt more than a few low blows, so much so that it has made me severely depressed.


I finally got my course completed, received notification of passing and confirmation of my degree award.


Recently, I learnt that I may be facing yet another confusion with my department (regarding my choosing to publish dissertation findings with a certain professor (dissertation supervisor) and not including the department head).


Please can you let me know if my degree can be taken away, i.e, revoked, from now to graduation ceremony? (No plagiarism or fraud)



My question specifically is, can a whimsical and angry department head revoke a degree once granted by the university?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...