Wednesday 14 December 2016

quitting - Is it worth finishing your PhD if your advisor thinks you are not cut out for research?




I am a fourth year PhD student. My advisor told me I was a bad researcher, and as I understand, I would need his letter of reference if I wanted to do any research in the future.


He advised me to pursue a career in data science when I graduate. However, I think if I wanted to, I could get a data science job right now, and wouldn't have to bother finishing.


Is there any advantage to finishing a PhD if I can get the same kinds of jobs either way?


Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...