Friday 9 December 2016

Creating a community around my research book


I have written a research book on the topic of abstract pure mathematics. Now the book is in review with a scientific publisher.


In the book there are some conjectures formulated by myself. There are also some conjectures and problems at my site, which are not in the book.


I want to create a community of mathematicians around my book to solve questions I formulated and related issues.



Any advice to help build the community? Maybe should I ask the publisher to place a prominent URL of my site on the topic of the book on the book cover. (The URL is already present in the text of my book, but it may probably be more prominent if placed on the cover.)


I also think that it may be worth to redesign my Web page on the topic of the book to make it "problem oriented" (to place unsolved problems at the top of my page instead of the bottom as it is now). Well, on the other side serious researchers should anyway read my entire page and all links on it. What do you think?


Any other advice?


And a note: I am not a math professional, I am an amateur. (This means that I earn money in some other way than from my knowledge of mathematics.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...