Tuesday 14 June 2016

I have made my independent research available as a book on my website. Why is it not celebrated by the mathematics community?



Some mathematicians said that general topology in general and theory of proximity spaces in particular are dead (meaning that no new discoveries appear in this field of mathematics).


I have discovered a theory which generalizes general topology in general and theory of proximity spaces in particular, opening a new major area of research.


It is described in this draft book.


So general topology "resurrected".


Where are the celebration and fireworks proclaiming: "General topology is alive!"?



I am an amateur mathematician and my speaking English (and also my purse to buy air tickets) is still not good enough to participate in scientific conferences.


I am not allowed to submit to either arXiv or nLab.


Something is wrong: There should be a celebration of general topology being alive, but this does not happen. What is wrong?


Well, one thing because which this does not happen is that I have not (yet) solved any specific open problem (not counting open problems which I myself formulated). But what else keeps the world off celebration?




My question is not a duplicate of Publishing vs. putting work online under a free license because at that question I ask about how citing (not acceptance in general) of my work may be influenced by its license and method of publication. Here I however ask about acceptance (not citing) of my work independently on its method of publication.


It is surely not a duplicate of I believe I have solved a famous open problem. How do I convince people in the field that I am not a crank?, because in this situation I have not solved a famous open problem.


It is not a duplicate of Creating a community around my research book, because in that question I ask what to do but in this question why does it happen. These are entirely different questions.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...