Thursday 16 June 2016

chromatography - Ni-NTA purification, problem with the chaperone protein


I'm trying to purify the protein by Ni-NTA affinity chromatography. It seems that my protein (size about 54 kDa) is co-purified with chaperone protein (probably GroEL - as the band is around 57kDa). I tried the method where 4M glycerol and ATP is added to the wash buffer 1 and then I incubated this with the resin for 2 hrs in 4C, but it did not help. Has anyone met such a problem before? I will be grateful for any advices.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...