Sunday 27 March 2016

publications - How should I respond to a reviewer's complaint about self-citation?



Recently, I submitted an article and got a response from a reviewer that I cited 6 of my own articles out of 44. The reviewer said that it’s a cheap act of self promotion.



  1. If I do not cite my own work, how can I expect others to?

  2. Is it bad practice to cite your own work?


The reviewer didn’t say I cited senselessly, rather he complained about the citation of my own work. How to respond in this given situation?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...