Tuesday 1 March 2016

How much overlap is permitted between a submitted journal article and a thesis?


I'm currently writing a journal article to be published, and the work from this article is basically the entire work of my Master's thesis.



Clearly a thesis is usually more involved and fleshed out than a journal article, but how much direct copying is usually permitted? Is it okay to directly copy-and-paste an entire chapter (or multiple chapters) of this article into my thesis, given that I wrote it anyway? At what point am I plagiarising myself?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...