Saturday 26 March 2016

application - How brief I should be when contacting a professor for a PhD position for the first time?


I happened to find a PhD project that would align with my past experience really well. I would like to contact the professor responsible for the project. How brief should I be in my first email?


In addition to introducing myself and referring to the position, I would like to ask at least two questions about the project, and mention that I have been working on a similar project.


Is that enough? How would I finish the email then in a proper way? Just something like



If you are not too busy, I hope you could discuss the matter further. Attached is my CV.



or something entirely else?


I have a very good publication record, have received big prizes, lot of experience, etc. in my pocket but I guess I should not repeat that in the email, since it is in the CV?





No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...