Wednesday 16 March 2016

publications - Should my citation style exactly match the original title?



In my field a number of different styles are used in titles.


Many publications present scientific names in italics, such as this one. Others do not italicise scientific names, such as this one.


Some publications are in uppercase, such as these, while most others are in lowercase.


When citing, should I follow the original style exactly, i.e., use capitals and italics whereever they were used in the original? Or should I adapt citations to my own consistent style?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...