Monday 22 February 2016

publications - Paper rejected. Should I appeal against biased reviews?


I received a rejection letter from a relatively high-impact journal based on the feedback from three reviewers. After I reviewed their comments, I feared that their comments were biased and am not sure if I should appeal. The comments from all three reviewers are all negative, but one is more bias than the other.


The first reviewer say that I need to carry out a lot more experiments that will involve a lot of cost, which is not practical. However, in the comment, s/he only suggests one additional experiment that need to be done. The second reviewer complains about the quality of the figures, but I think they are fixable. The third reviewer complains about the novelty of the paper but I think s/he did not carefully read and understand the paper.


Is it still possible to write an appeal if all three reviewers were negative about the paper since their reason to support rejection wasn't strong?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...