Sunday 7 February 2016

publications - I have an accepted conference paper with a major error in it, should I ask for it to be changed?


I have submitted a paper to a conference with a scientific error in it.


Essentially I have a concept and I have claimed it works in two conditions. Actually it only works in one of them. Technically, my experimental results are correct, but its only a small test and when extrapolated to full scale the error can be found and also actually predicted theoretically. The overall concept is still correct however for the other condition and I am still working on it in future research.


Should I ask for the paper to be changed? The conference isn't until 25th August but the submission deadline has passed.


I don't want a public document where people will repeat my experiments and find that some of what I have claimed is incorrect.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...