Thursday 4 February 2016

I am a 2nd year undergraduate student. What should I do now to prepare for my PhD?



I am a 2nd year undergraduate student in Aerospace Engineering, in India. I am really willing to go into Academia as a researcher. I am specifically interested in Aerospace Controls. Some points to consider :


1) I love the fast internet access in university, so that I can research and learn all I want.


2) I have read up a few research papers regarding error reduction in GPS measurements, when I was doing a Supervised Project under a professor. Reading research papers are gruelling, but after 2-3 days of bending your mind over them and finally understanding what the author intended to say, I feel elated. In this specific case, I read up a few algorithms and got excited on the prospect of developing my own algorithms for error reductions.


3) I have a fair academic standing with a cumulative grade point of greater than 9 out of 10


So I would like a few pointers on what I can do now, as an undergraduate student to prepare for my PhD.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...