Saturday 20 February 2016

masters - Creating a schematic figure based on an existing one


In the context material chapter of my masters dissertation, between other things, I must write about the state of the art on the thematic presented. There are some very expressive and simple schemes in other authors works that I would like to use. I was wondering: is it legitimate if I create schemes by myself that convey the same structure and information and reference the sources in the following manner: "Image based on [Reference]" ?. The result would be different looking (colors, shapes, and several other visual elements) schemes that would express the same content.


I've looked at How much do figures need to differ to avoid copyright claims? but I wasn't sure if the context of that question is enough for the answers to apply for me.


Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...