Thursday 25 February 2016

Accessing a "forgotten" Google scholar account


I have a Google scholar account A which is linked to my Google account and it all works well. But there is also another copy of me, a Google scholar account B, which says that it has a "verified email" (which is my university email). Apparently, I must have confirmed it some time in the past.


How do I access account B? I cannot access it through my Google account, which just takes me to account A. Is there some way to make it send an email to my university address that will let me access it?



Answer



I have found an answer: think hard about whether there are other Google accounts that I might have and through which I could have authorized the Scholar account.


In my case, there is a long forgotten "temporary" Google account which was created for me by Goolge during that period when they decided to merge all of its services under the Goolge+ umbrella.


No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...