Friday 7 December 2018

phd - The GRE is not held where I live. How badly does it reflect on me if I ask for it to be waived?


I am graduating with my MSc early next year and would like to pursue my PhD in a closely related field (Stats/Financial math).


I am hoping to study either in Europe or HK/Singapore and most of the universities I hope to apply to state a GRE is required.


The GRE is not held where I live, and I'm very strapped for cash meaning that I don't really have money to spare to fly to the nearest test center and sit it. I'm wondering how poorly it would reflect on my application if I asked for a test waiver explaining this?


I have already emailed NUS in Singapore asking about this, and they said I was exempted but that it would be better if I did include it. This makes me feel that borrowing some money and doing it would be best, or I'd risk ruining my chances of getting into a good university.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...