Friday 18 May 2018

authorship - How should I list my advisor's name on a talk I am giving about our joint work?


I am very new to this...


I need to give a short talk at a conference soon, on which I am going to talk about something my advisor and I work on together. Alphabetically, he should go before me, but would it be confusing since I am the one giving the talk?



Should I just list my name and put "Joint Work with xxx" on the title page?



Answer



If you are in mathematics, there is no notion of "first author", so you can ignore alphabetization. You can put your own name on the first slide as you normally would, and then elsewhere on the slide add "Joint work with XXXX." Here's an example from a slide talk I gave: example from one of my talks


No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...