Friday 5 January 2018

How do I determine if my contribution to an area of research merits publication?


I am a new worker in real functions with little experience and few published papers but not in top journals.


I together with my two colleagues found a new characterization of a well-known class of functions (first Baire class). I am pretty sure this is new. However, we cannot decide the extent of its significance because we are unable to find a good application. But suffice it to say there are some old results in the area that admit a very straightforward proof using our characterization. For instance, functions with countable discontinuities can be shown to be of first Baire class using our characterization with a very easy proof.



My question, is this enough for publication? I am afraid to submit it and got a snobbish review. By the way, I am from a third-world country.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...