Wednesday 10 January 2018

What benefits are there to peer reviewing papers?



I am a first year PhD student, and have been asked to peer-review a paper. The paper is not really in my field, so I will not learn anything valuable by reading the paper. The publishing venue is not open-access, so it is difficult to justify on altruistic grounds. Also, the reviews are double-blind, so there is no potential for networking. As I have never been a reviewer, I am wondering: is there any other possible personal benefits that I might realize from performing this task?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...