Saturday 8 April 2017

Should I mention industrial experience in an academic CV when applying for a PhD?


I have about six years of entry-level experience in a certain field acquired before entering university and during its first years. Should I mention such experience when applying for a PhD? By now I also have research and teaching experience, which is much more relevant.


The work experience includes some relevant aspects for the PhD, e.g. programming. The companies were small (start-ups). Two of them no longer exist (it is more than 10 years since the first job). Could I just write this along the lines



I have also xx years of experience in yy field working as a zz. My tasks involved mostly blah blah.






No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...