Thursday 6 October 2016

plagiarism - Is it acceptable for paid online course to use quizzes and materials from elsewhere on the internet?


This question is specifically about a high school course, but it should be applicable to any online course in general.



I was taking a physics course online to skip it in school, those courses are really expensive, so I took the cheapest one that my school was allowing me to take, and it was understandably low quality. This much was ok and expected.


What wasn't ok however, was that all the questions on the quizzes and exams were stolen from the internet. Every single question was taken from some school's "Ch 3 Review Sheet" or "2008 XYZ High School Physics Final Exam" etc. that was made public online.


My parents paid $500 for this course and the people didn't actually write anything themselves, and I'm pretty angry.


So my question is twofold:



  1. Is it ok for a course to do this?

  2. If not, is there any official organization I can complain to.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...