Monday 17 October 2016

Automatically building a database of forward and backward citations


My goal is to produce a graph showing the linkages (and lack there of) between several fields that share a common subproblem by showing who cites whom. There are many databases that show citations between papers: ISI Web of Knowledge, Microsoft Academic Research, and Google Scholar. However none allows me to download even part of their database. Is there some database I have overlooked? Has someone written a scrapper for one of these websites?


For reference, the fields I'm considering are Mechanics, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Signal Processing, Geophysics, and several others.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...