Monday 10 October 2016

graduate school - How do I convince my professor to keep me as his student?


This is a continuation of my previous question, I believe my advisor doesn't think I am smart. How should I deal with this?


It just so happens that when I asked my prof for feedback, he decided to just drop me. Obviously I had asked for feedback when I saw some signs recently which indicated that he wasn't very happy.


Now what do I do?


I really liked talking to this prof. I was enjoying the discussions. I thought things were well. But he seems to think that I get stuck with simple things! He probably also thinks that I am overambitious (in the few instances that I have tried discussing some other topics with him).


I wrote to my prof asking him to reconsider his decision and reflecting on what could be the issues of his disappointment and what I could do to improve. Obviously he didn't reply.


I met the grad coordinator. He has schedule another between with all three of us.


I wonder whether I should be optimistic about that meeting!




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...