Wednesday 12 October 2016

genetics - Text Book Recommendation: Organic Evolution



I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any text books on organic evolution? I have recently become interested in the subject and would like to know more. I think an undergrad level book would be a good place to start, but if you would like to recommend any graduate level books it could also be helpful.


I have a background in mathematics and modeling using mathematics. I have also taken a genetics class and an intro to cell biology class as well as read some papers on both subjects. Any help would be nice.


update


I was looking for a higher level discussion on the mechanisms of evolution. A better term to use might be evolutionary biology.


Sorry for the confusion I was under the impression that "organic evolution" was a common term.


Thank you for your time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...