Tuesday 28 May 2019

Master's thesis results used to publish a new research paper?


few years ago I did my Master's thesis at University, when I worked in a lab and was performing various experiments on different materials. The thesis defense I held officially in front of commission, and the thesis is available on Internet.


As I was looking for some research papers, I discovered that there is this new publication, which uses the results I got during the experiments, as well as few other Master student who worked on their thesis. Our names are mentioned at the end, where authors are thankful for our assistance. I have two questions:



  1. Is is possible to use and publish results which were actually already part of someones Master's thesis?

  2. If these results of experiments were used in the new publication, is it right just to mention names of persons who performed them, and not putting them as co-authors?


Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...