Tuesday 21 May 2019

job search - Should I put my h-index on my CV?



I'm finishing my PhD and looking for postdoc jobs. I've published a decent number of papers (and also have a fair number of citations), and want to emphasize this on my CV.


Should I actually state my h-index on my CV? If so, is Google Scholar the easiest/best way to compute this?


2014.03.12 EDIT: Thanks for the advice. I had originally planned to put my h-index at the head of my list of publications (as a clickable link to my Google Scholar profile).


Based on the advice from many of you I will just omit this altogether for now. My scholar profile is easy to find (for potential PIs who care about such metrics), and not explicitly stating my h-index myself avoids any negative connotations among those who object to the h-index or calculating it via Google Scholar (e.g. Google includes self-citations, arXiv/non peer-reviewed papers etc).




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...