Monday 7 January 2019

lab techniques - Are there issues with filling PCR tubes to capacity?


I'm planning to scale up a PCR reaction, and I'm wondering if filling the PCR tubes to the maximum volume of 200 ul would be a problem. It would mean a lot less pipetting as I would only need 1/4 of the tubes.


The typical protocols I've seen always use 50 ul for a PCR reaction, I'm wondering if there are any issues with larger volumes, e.g. differences in heat transfer, that could cause issues if I scale up the volume in one tube.


Is scaling up the volume problematic? Any specific aspects I should consider?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...