Wednesday 3 October 2018

Is it a good idea to convert from a percentile GPA to a 4.0 scale GPA?



My school gives me my GPA as a percentage out of 100. If I have 91.55% overall, websites like this and this claim that this is equivalent to a 3.7 GPA. Is it then valid to write on my resume that I have a 3.7 GPA, or would this in some way be misleading or disadvantageous?


Furthermore, if I am able to raise this percentage to 93%, would it be valid to then report that I have a 4.0 GPA?




Answer



To raise a 93% to a 4.0 is being slightly dishonest especially if you have a more specific metric. You can always list your GPA out of 100 -


GPA: 91.55/100

Most employers/colleges understand that not all schools have a grading system out of 4.0


No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...