Saturday 20 October 2018

Find master thesis


These days I'm going to take the subject of my master. I'm wondering how to search about the subject and how to decide which master thesis I can take and work. The one option is to go to a professor and take anything that he gives me and work with if I like it. Is any other way to search about hot topics on my research area? So far, I have search on google scholar for related work on my area... Any other suggestion that I can do before decide for the subject is more than appreciated.




Answer



My advice would be to go visit not one professor, but a few. Don't ask them specifically for a thesis topic, but tell them you are looking around and ask them to talk to you about their research. Ask about weekly seminars at your department, and go listen to a few of those. Get a broad view of the different topics that groups around you are working on, then decide on something.


No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...