Monday 2 May 2016

lipids - Does a reduction in stem cells mean possible earlier death?


The basis of this question relies on my understanding of these 2 facts:


1) A person has a certain number of stem cells from birth 
2) Stem cells are the basis of all cells and are used to repair and replenish




I read an article about stem cells being found in fat removed by lipsuction and that the trials that has been done on using these stem cells for repair elsewhere in the body.


My question is, if stem cells are used for repair in the body and you have a certain amount of them, if you "lose" some via liposuction, does this then mean you have less stem cells and therefore less chance of repair and could then theoretically die sooner?


It's more than likely my lack of knowledge on the subject but I would like to understand why.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...