Sunday 22 May 2016

publications - Is there a way to search for more recent papers than the one I'm currently reading?


Authors of scientific papers usually use the introduction of the paper to introduce the subject of the paper by reviewing previous work in that field, i.e. the works that serve as the foundation of the current research they have conducted.


Therefore, it is fairly easy to get acquainted with the subject in general, because you get a bunch of relevant references right from the start.


However, it often happens that when searching for papers on a certain topic, the best match for my search is a paper from a few years back. While most scientific knowledge is viable for a decent amount of time (really depends on the field, but as a generalization), sometimes I want to know what progress has been made (if any) in the specific field of research I'm interested in.


So my question is: Is there a simple and convenient way to find later papers about a certain topic?


In detail


How exactly do I do it? If, for example, I have this paper from 2013, how do I find newer papers about the same subject?




Answer



A simple way that I usually follow to find newer papers about the same topic is using google scholar. Google scholar gives you the ability to find papers that cited the paper you are interested in, and those papers are usually published after the paper you are interest in has been published (i.e. more recent work).


For the example you provided in your comment, google scholar gives me 57 articles/results that cited your example




Click at the


No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...