Sunday 27 October 2019

united kingdom - Reputation of 1 Year Master's in Comp. Sc. in the UK


I'm currently studying for my Bachelor's degree in Computer Science in Germany. I've noticed that UK Master's programs, even at such prestigious universities as Oxford or Edinburgh, only offer 1 year Master's programs for full time study. In Germany, on the other hand, Master's are usually 2 years / 4 semesters.


I was wondering how this is perceived in academia. Say for a professor in the US offering a PhD position, would he expect people from the German two-year program to be better at their subject? (Assuming grades are similar).




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...