Friday 18 October 2019

transcription - ATP required for cell processes




I haven't been able to find anything that tells me how much ATP is needed for DNA replication, transcription, and translation in humans, just papers that mention ATP used in those processes.


I need to know how much ATP is needed for these processes because once my cell from scratch is alive I feed each cell 50 nanograms of glucose which yields 5 trillion ATP. If I use these numbers plus the numbers for other metabolic processes I get roughly the amount of ATP needed per cell before mitosis. If I know this then I will know if I need to feed my cells more glucose or if 50 nanograms is enough.


So how much ATP is needed for DNA replication, transcription, and translation? I want it in terms of per nucleotide and per amino acid so that I can multiply that by the amount of DNA total, amount of DNA in any given gene, and amount of amino acids in any given protein.





No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...