Tuesday 29 October 2019

evolution - Evolutionary chronology - if any, which species have evolved in the last 100 years


I heared somewhere, I cannot remember where, that there has not been an evolution observed in our lifetime. In life science class, right at the start, we was doing the usual MRSGREN (how to tell if something is a living organism), and the tutor said that you can also tell something is a living organism if it evolves. So I asked if there has been an observed evolution in our lifetime. She said that there had been many but could not recite any off the top of her head, so the next week she handed me a piece of paper with 8 or so websites that aparrently corroborated her claim. I have not got the paper anymore but I recall there been on there the peppered moth or something. So I set out to look for a chronological list of evolution but could not find an authoritative one. I could only find something on wikipedia that indicated that species have been dying out for the past thousand years, but nothing saying that any have evolved.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...