Saturday 28 September 2019

interview - Tattoos in the Workplace


I'm an undergraduate mathematics student finishing my degree. I plan to go to grad school, and ultimately aspire to become a professor. I really like tattoos, but I'm hesitant to get one because it could affect my future job.



Of course, if I did get one, it would be discrete and innocent. What I really want is the axioms from ZFC wrapped around my upper arm.


I'm very interested in hearing people's thoughts on tattoos in the workplace, particularly from people who work in mathematics. Do you think it is acceptable? How would you judge someone based on their tattoos? Do any of you have tattoos? What are your experiences?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...