Sunday 29 September 2019

graduate admissions - Can a PhD student write a letter of recommendation for coauthor/collaborator?


My good friend and I coauthored a paper that was accepted at a major research conference. He works in industry and has now decided to apply for PhD programs. He asked that I write him a letter of recommendation because I am most familiar with his academic strengths and research work. I've been working on research level problems with him for the past 3 years.


Question: Can I write him a letter of recommendation even though I am only a PhD student?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...