Saturday 10 August 2019

independent researcher - Doing research outside of academia, without a PhD?



I love learning and solving problems (I'm in math/ computer science) and I'm also very motivated. However, I don't have fantastic grades and so I don't expect to get into any top graduate program. This may seem like a discrepancy, but I think it is partly a personal issue (which I'm working on).


Is it possible to conduct research and therefore further any field without being in academia? This post is primarily targeting people who are doing their PhD.


I want to get the opinions of as many people as possible, so let me know if there's another place (forum) where I can ask.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...