Friday 29 December 2017

peer review - How can I clear myself of emotional attachment when reading reviewer feedback?


I have received feedback from reviewers on my latest conference paper (this is in Computer Science). It was an acceptance, which is nice.



I feel I really need to consider in depth the reviewer feedback.


I have consciously noticed I have a emotional reaction. Which is not rational, practical, or useful.


How can I clear myself from it, and handle the review on a factual basis?


Is it better to sleep on it? Perhaps it would help to strip the acceptance from it. Or maybe to rewrite it in my words as if I were reviewing the paper?


Overall I guess I should feel happy, but of course the written reviewer feedback only points at the weaknesses in the work. Which is reasonable, since they can indicate it was generally good with their accept statement. (At the end of the day, an accept is an accept, right?)




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...