Friday 15 December 2017

graduate admissions - How do solicited recommendation letter drafts work if the forms are released only after the rest of the application?


Apparently, this varies even in the same country (I'm in country A).


Case 1. University releases recommendation letter questions right away.



  • recommendation letters are submitted at the same time as the rest of the application.



Case 2. University doesn't release recommendation letter questions right away.



  • release is only after rest of application is finished.




So how will this work? My understanding:


In case 1:



  1. I work on my statement of purpose (or equivalent).

  2. I also draft recommendation letter, solicited by letter writer.


  3. I give my draft, again solicited by letter writer, to recommendation letter writers several weeks before deadline.

  4. Then I continue to work on statement of purpose.

  5. Maybe update recommendation letter draft, solicited by letter writer.

  6. Submission: Recommendation letter writers and I submit.


In case 2:



  1. I work on my statement of purpose (or equivalent) but can't do so as much as in case 1 because I have to draft recommendation letter after it is released

  2. I am unable to draft recommendation letter, solicited by letter writer, until completion of step 1, but at least I can work on the content if not the presentation as if working on a reference letter. There's also hoping universities of case 2 have similar questions to universities of case 1.

  3. Submission: I submit statement of purpose after about half of the time as in case 1.


  4. Recommendation letter questions are released to recommendation letter writers.

  5. Recommendation letter writers give to applicants to draft.

  6. I draft in about half the time as in case 1, solicited by letter writer.

  7. Maybe update recommendation letter draft based on not knowing questions prior, solicited by letter writer.

  8. Submission: Recommendation letter writers and I submit.


Might I have missed something? Did I get anything possibly wrong?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...