Saturday 1 October 2016

species identification - Is this silverfish? My apartment very dry


Can anyone please confirm whether insect below is a silverfish? It looks a bit like the picture at our federal government pest control page. It also moves with a wiggling motion, as described at the Wikipedia Silverfish page.



I sprayed it with alcohol, and it seems to be dead. I've seen this type of insect about once per month. I don't know why they gravitate to my apartment, as the dehumidifier it set to maximum (35% relative humidity).


Sorry for the quality of the photo, but my iPhone SE does not have adjustable focus that I'm aware of. I can only tell the phone where the feature of interest lies within the picture.


Shot 1 Shot 2 Shot 3




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...